Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Will taking Guns from Criminals only make Them Heroes?

  Perhaps the Prohibition was a time when criminals were as glamorized and sided with as any time in our history. So, if we did go against criminals and seek to ban them from owning guns, it would glamorize the criminal. In a land of the Second Amendment, many of them would be seen as patriots.
  So, while I wonder if a ban on all or some types of guns in the answer, I hesitate. And, if I suggest that if we should ban assault weapons or such, I do wonder if we should make active effort to take them from the criminal more than anyone else.
   That might but make heroes out of them. What is the credo we have lived by? "If you want my gun, you will have to pry it from my cold, dead fingers." We will see the criminal as the defender of our Second Amendment rights.
   Still, as my mind goes back and forth on this, I do think that if we ban any type weapons, it is the outlaw who we should first seek to take them from.
   It is said, "If you outlaw guns, then only outlaws will have guns." If there is wisdom in that statement, there can be some argument that we should get the guns out from the hands of the outlaws ahead of getting them out of the hands of the rest of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment