Monday, December 7, 2020

Did Mark Levin Miss the Very Next Sentence?

    Having been asked to watch  Fox's Life, Liberty, and Levin from Sunday, I did. Mark Levin spoke of the election in Pennsylvania, and of how the legislature changed the election rules fourteen months ago, and of how that was illegal because you cannot change the law without changing the state constitution.

   I searched the PA constitution as best I could. I could find no such provision. I searched as long and hard and arduously as I could. I did not find it. What I believe Levin was saying, is that the constitution specifies the date of the election, and therefore all voting must be done on that date, thus rendering all mail-in voting illegal. "The general election shall be held biennially on the Tuesday next following the first Monday of November," says the constitution. This, surely, is what Levine was referring to. And, if you take that alone, he would be right. The constitution would prohibit mail-in voting because all voting would need to be done on the date the constitution specifies. But, in the next sentence, it says. "But the General Assembly may by law fix a different day." Did Levin miss that?  

   Perhaps I am missing something. It would seem Levin could not be this off-base. Surely, he would read the very next sentence. Maybe I should try to call him, and attempt to ask him what I missed. I probably won't make such an effort, but don't put it passed me. 

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2020/12/07/mark-levin-details-how-democrats-changed-the-rules-on-fraud-n2581151


No comments:

Post a Comment