Tuesday, December 15, 2020

President Trump has Likeness to Those Who Dealt in Darkness

   Among the LDS people, concern of modern-day secret combinations is a discussion. I've surely more than one friend who sees the opposition to Trump and the opposition to the Republican Party as being forms of modern-day devil-inspired leanings.

   Outside my church, such discussion may seem trivial. Who cares what is in the Book of Mormon and whether it has anything to do with current events. Nor, do I want to suggest church leaders are entering this discussion much. I hear none of them saying Democrats are the secret combinations, or Republicans are. 

   I do have my opinion. I do look at the scriptures that speak of the combinations. I do see likenesses. I will also say that, to me, we should be reflecting on the scriptures, and we should be considering whether there are likenesses in our day. I think it not wrong to so search.

   So, with that long preface, I will tell you of Moses 5, a book and chapter that speaks of the first combination, of Cain, and of how he would not accept truth, and of how he became the father of lies. Yes, I think of President Trump, and of how there were so many times he dealt in false information, in lies. If we have had any person in modern world affairs who peddled in the twisting of truth so much, it has been President Trump. Father of lies? Yes, I see a likeness. 

   Cain was also boastful. Master Mahan, he was called, and reveled in the title. I think of President Trump, and of how self-laudatory he was. And, yes, I do see likeness. 

   Trump demands loyalty of his followers, same as Cain. I think of how those who would reveal the truth against Cain were to be punished, even killed. Trump has not power to kill those who reveal truth against him, but he does axe them. Christopher Krebs was fired five days after saying the election was fair. Bill Barr was pushed out of the administration after saying the election was fair. The truth was to be hidden, and if someone stood up and revealed the truth, Trump would have them fired or would seek to convict them of crimes. It was that way all through his administration. 


No comments:

Post a Comment