Sunday, December 6, 2020

Ryan Lael Boudwin was a Wonderful Candidate for the UUP

 One of the candidates posted on Facebook of how he is considering changing from the United Utah Party to the Democratic Party, because he feels he could be more effective elsewhere. I posted my thoughts as follows: Ryan Lael Boudwin You were a wonderful candidate, and you campaigned perhaps as effectively as a candidate could. Here's hoping your remain in the UUP. I will confess, that at heart, I do not like parties, at all. But, UUP came along, aligning with my political feelings, and I jumped to join it. I spent up a storm in this last election, and it had hardly a titch of impact. I saturated my community with yard signs, to the point some voters dashed to their computers to find out what was going on. Alas, when the votes were tallied, I came away with but 3.95 percent of the vote, which is less than what you tallied despite campaigning much more frugally. I would be out campaigning, and explaining my views, and people would agree with me completely, and like what my campaign was about, but then they would ask if I was a Republican or Democrat, and I could tell that was all that mattered to them. Look at the races in which we did do respectably. There was the absence of a Democrat or a Republican in them, thus garnering the anti-Democrat or anti-Republican votes. I would not be surprised if one of our candidates hit more doors and campaigned harder than anyone in the state, and, while it did result in a few percentage points for her, for the large part, she tallied but the anti-Republican votes. Still, I am of some mind to say, Stick with it. A cause to be fought for is a cause to be won, if you keep on fighting. Look back and reflect on what has happened, and consider what it will take for a UUP candidate to win, and find a path. The greatest causes are taken up not by those who only value winning, but by those who will keep on fighting even when they lose.


No comments:

Post a Comment