Wednesday, February 15, 2023

Coming to a City Near You (in 2201): Magnetic Vacuum Transportation

   Now, if I were a super-rich scientist, with all the resources to experiment with, here's what I'd try. It would be my attempt to skip the Year 2023 past the rest of the 21st Century and straight into the 22nd Century.

   I'd put a person (OK, let's start with a monkey or dog) in a metal capsule. Then, I'd put the metal capsule in a vacuum tube -- that's right, one with all the air sucked out. Then, I'd place a strong magnet at the other end of the tunnel . . . and, voom, the capsule would shoot toward the magnet.

   And, who knows how fast? If there is no resistence, does that mean there would be no limit on how fast something could go if placed in a tube where there's no resistence?

   Magnetic vacuum transportation: who knows if that is how we will be transported in the 22nd Century.

No comments:

Post a Comment