Saturday, February 11, 2023

Vote for Both Trump and Biden, if You Want

   Supposing Donald Trump bolts the party, and runs as an independent, the election process would be well served if we had what is  called "approval voting."

  Now, you've never heard of approval voting, but it's a great idea. You get to vote for as many candidates as you want. Go wild and vote for all of them, if you want. Spread your love everywhere.

  So, if by some chance Trump does fail to be nominated as a Republican, and spins off as an independent, approval voting would keep the Republican vote from being split. You wouldn't have to choose between him and the Republican nominee. You could vote for them both.

  If you like two candidates, why shouldn't you be allowed to vote for both? Why be forced into either/or voting? Why not have the freedom to say, "I like this one, and this one . . . and, oh, this one." Why not thumb your nose at the powers that be and say, "Don't you tell me who I can vote for! I like both of them, so if you don't mind, I'm going to vote for both of them."

   It's your vote . . . I mean, your votes.


No comments:

Post a Comment