Thursday, October 31, 2013

Israel Seeks but to Stay within Israel

   I do not believe Israel has ever involved itself in any war other than those affecting itself. I don't believe it has involved itself in any war that was not for its own defense. Although the Six-Day War and the 1948 war did expand the nation, never has it expanded beyond what is considered Israel. Never has it invaded another land to conquer it, to subdue it. When the nation was being shelled by missiles so much about a year ago, it tolerated them for a good time before responding with missiles of its own. This is not the picture of a war-making nation.
   I say this because I hear from those who oppose Israel, who think it a corrupt and evil nation. I listen to their accusations, though, and I do wonder if there have been atrocities committed by Israel. If there have, I do not apologize for them, nor condone them. But, it remains that Israel is not the aggressor in the Middle East. Israel seeks but to possess the land that is considered Israel, and has been considered Israel going back to biblical times. It is not Israel posturing to attack and take over other countries, but it is those who oppose Israel who would bring war to that land. If you side with peace, you do not side with those who seek war there.

No comments:

Post a Comment