Monday, October 21, 2013

Sam, You Advertised it as a Shutdown, and Gave Us Only 17 percent?

  Here's an estimate that only 17 percent of the government shut down. Hey! Next time, they gotta do us better than that. We deserve more. We've decried big government all our lives, and now we finally get a chance at reducing it temporarily, and the best they give us is 17 percent? To the streets, my friends! To the streets! They spun this as a government shutdown, made us think we were living through one, and all we got was 17 percent? Truth in advertising? There is none! Deceit! Deceit!
   Lol. Just having fun, but I do wish next time we praise the shutdown, instead of condemning it. I would love to see us, the people, step in and do the things government doesn't do.
   And, yes, I do believe it was overplayed. I do believe it was less of a shutdown than what it was made out to be. I don't know if it was as scant a shutdown as 17 percent, though, but perhaps.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/wheres-sense-of-crisis-in-a-17-percent-government-shutdown/article/2536862

No comments:

Post a Comment