Thursday, October 3, 2013

Government Shutdown is Your Chance to Shine, Private Charities

   Would now be a chance for Americans to respond like they did after 9-11, or after the earthquake in Haiti, or after Hurricane Katrina?
   The crisis is that many of those on government assistance are being shorted aid as a result of the government shutdown. Each day I open my paper to read of the need. I greatly wish Americans would step forward, like they did to help others after 9-11, and the Haiti earthquake, and Hurricane Katrina.
   I like the idea of private charities doing the work of helping the poor. I wish private charities did a lot of the work Uncle Sam is doing, freeing him up. It seems if we believe private charities can do it, now would be the time to prove it.
   Now would be a great time not to judge who needs help, but to just help.

No comments:

Post a Comment