Tuesday, August 5, 2014

The Child Goes Through All This, Only to be Deported?

   'Tis late, and I do not have time to study on this, but am wondering about the T Visa, which, I believe, is the visa that allows some child immigrants to be in the U.S. If I understand correctly, you have to be a victim of human trafficking, and you have to help prosecute the coyote who brought you across.
   I'm just wondering how many kids fit that category.
   Now, if I understand it correctly, the children, in most cases, are be turned over to Health and Human Services within 48 hours of their being apprehended, and then follows a process to determine if they shall stay. So, most all are legal to be here for as long as they are in the process.
   My fear is, if they don't meet the Coyote Rule (as I shall call it), then all is eventually for not and they will be deported. They have braved crossing Mexico and the border, and been subjected to detention camps (I thank those who care for them and am sure most make it as loving of an environment as possible, still, they remain, technically, detention camps) in the U.S., only to be tossed on their ears right back to their countries of origin.
   Hope I'm wrong. We can't treat children this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment