Thursday, August 21, 2014

Why do not the Gazans Flee?

   Why do not the Gazans flee? Syrians flee. Kurds flee. Hondurans flee. Why is it Gazans stay put instead of fleeing the country? Have they no country to flee to?
   I do a quick word search and it pops up their fleeing to a U.N. site, but that would be right there in the Gaza Strip. And, I see how Israel asked them to flee, but Hamas told them to stay put.
   What kind of government, if it were intent on the safety of its people, would tell them to stick around and get shelled?
   Perhaps the answer is in that they are there not simply to have a place to live, but to be staking out a place in Israel. And, to leave would be abandoning their mission. Or, perhaps it is that other Arab countries will not have them. I am just not in the know. I do not know the answers as perhaps some of the readers of this blog do. Englighten me, then.

No comments:

Post a Comment