Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Of Living to the Age of a Tree

   Remember Kitty Hawk, or, rather, all the people who said if God had intended us to fly, he would have given us wings?
   Remember that we once lived in a world people thought was flat?
   So, I suggest man can live indefinitely (or at least a lot longer than he currently is), and truly wonder if we are living in a day where this is about to happen. I even wonder about the Millennium, the 1,000-year period when Christ is to reign on earth and when people are to live without death.
   I wonder if modern medicine will bring it about, if we will live so long because of the advances of medicine. Will all the gene studying, gene mapping and such bring it about? Or will there be other breakthroughs, in addition to gene mapping?
   I half think it could come without gene mapping. I half think it might be as simple as contemplating on what old age is, and seeking cures. Old age, to me, seems to be a time when muscles lose their elasticity, their viability. It is a time of pinched nerves, and of inflammation throughout the body. It is a time of deterioration of skin and body, and of bones becoming bridle.
   Those are things, it seems to me, that are conquerable. Almost I wonder, if we placed all our best efforts, all our thought and resources into this, could we rather quickly find the answers?
   Move us into the Millennium within decades, or maybe even just years, if we were only to get serious about finding medical solutions. I am not scriptorian enough to know, but I wonder if the Millennium could be underway before Christ's Second Coming.
   I do not know that it will be modern medicine that brings about man living so long as he will in the Millennium. No, but, I do think it is one of the possibilities.
   And, I consider how the early descendants of Adam and Eve lived long lives. I turn open my scriptures, and read how Enos lived ninety years, and begat Cainan, then lived eight hundred and fifteen more years. This, without the benefit of modern medicine. To me, it does seem possible, since we have the benefit of modern medicine, to equal that life span.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment