Monday, July 27, 2015

The Level of Perfection Equals the Level of Correction

   The level of perfection equals the level of correction. In other words, how close you come to perfection depends on how much correction you receive.
   Whether from yourself, your parents, or whoever.
   A person will only achieve what he thinks achievable. If he is taught perfection cannot be accomplished, it won't. If the small errors are not brought to his attention, he cannot go after them. This does not mean the person doing the correcting needs to shout, and chide, or demean. Correction can be and should be done in a loving, happy, smiling way.
   I think of the scripture that says, For Whom the Lord loveth he corrected. I wonder if that implies that He knows that without His correction, we will not move forward.
   I think of friends around me, who need correcting, who need someone to point out to them things they are doing that perhaps they shouldn't be. And, I wonder if I will have the courage to be their friend.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment