Sunday, November 1, 2015

Church Calls for Assistance to Refugees

 I woke one morning this week to find my computer already open to a website, albeit I had not opened to it. I don't know whether that has ever happened to me or how it came to be open to lds.org. I thought to see if there was any news the Church of Jesus Christ was issuing, and opened that section of the website to be pleasantly surprised that the church was calling on members to contribute to the refugee crisis in Europe.
   This pleased me. The refugee story is a news topic I am following. It is said, it is the largest refugee crisis since World War II. I cannot see how we can turn our heads away, and not care.
   "It is with great concern and compassion that we observe the plight of the millions of people around the world who have fled their homes seeking relief from civil conflict and other hardships," said the Church letter, which was to be read in church meetings.
   It was a joy to me to learn the church was so concerned, as to make the call for help. Bless the refugees.

1 comment:

  1. I had not heard this, interesting, curious if it ever got read in church to members?

    ReplyDelete