Thursday, November 19, 2015

Paying His Own Way Shouldn't be a Negative

   If Utah Transit Authority board member Sheldon Killpack traveled to Switzerland at his own expense, I don't know that he should be faulted. Perhaps he didn't inform the whole body of the UTA, and perhaps he hadn't been authorized to go.
   But, off top, I find no fault. I find no blame. I think of Congress members who visit foreign places without the approval of their colleagues. Why should Killpack have needed permission?
   The story is still breaking, so there might be elements I am unaware of. But, at this point, rather than finding fault, I am of a mind to laud him. If he truly did pay the full bill himself, perhaps he was only seeking to do the best job he could of being a UTA board member.

No comments:

Post a Comment