Sunday, November 8, 2015

Long Live Us All; Let Us Live 1,000 Years

 I pick up my newspaper, see the obituaries, and whisper, "We've got to put an end to this." I think how more good could be done for humanity by ending death than by doing any other thing.
   Of course, I'm thinking facetiously and tongue-in-cheek. Partially. Just the same, you judge me wrong if you assume I really don't believe we could bring death to an end. I say, why not? I say, we are living in the last days, and, at some point, there is going to come a spot where people are changed in the twinkling of an eye and live through the Millennium. I say, medicine is advancing, cures are coming. I say, already it is said we could keep some alive clinically long past the day their minds are functional. I say, ending death is possible.
   Long live the king, says the old adage. Yes, let him live for ever. Him and all his subjects.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment