Monday, April 11, 2016

We are the Fools, if We Dismiss Love as a Silly, Laughable Ingredient

   If I were to say, "Love is one of the greatest forces in the world," most people would not question it. Many would agree. Others would politely think it a nice platitude.
   But, if I were to suggest love is one of the most important things to revamping our education system, I might get laughed to scorn.
   Yes, what would you think if I were to suddenly jump up, start running in circles, waving my hands wildly, and say, "I've got it! I've got it! I've got it! I know what we should do to save our education system. Does anyone want to know?"
   "You better tell us," someone replies.
   I take three large steps toward them, and shout, "Love." I pause, break into a little laugh, and then start singing, "All you need is love, love, love. Love is all you need."
   Love is one of the most powerful of forces. In changing peoples lives, I wonder but what it isn't the single most powerful force of all. In inspiring someone to greatness, it can work wonders. I say, truly, it is important in an education system. So, if it is such a powerful force, if it does play a lead factor in whether a student learns well, why would we not want to reflect on how we can get more of it into our education system? If we are going to blueprint our system, why would we not include this? If we really want to have a successful education system, we had best not overlook the elements that truly do make a difference.
   We are the foolish ones, if we dismiss love as a silly, laughable ingredient.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment