Friday, April 1, 2016

I Was a Stranger is an Effort Worthy of Praise

  Okay, then, it is just an invitation to do good. Yesterday, I wondered if The Relief Society of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints was rolling out a program to help refugees. Today, I read through the website, iwasastranger.lds.org, and it said, "This is not a program; it is who we are."
   It is a wonderful effort, a wonderful invitation, the same. The sisters are asked to look around and seek ways that they might administered relief to those in need. The Relief Society is not the only church organization making the invitation, as the Young Women, and Primary joined in the invite.
   I hail the pro -- I mean, effort. The plight of the refugees is a situation that cries out for help from others. As travelers on this earth together, it is good that we should lift up and help those in need
 It is good that such a large body of people are being encouraged to pray and consider what they can do to relieve the distress and discomfiture of others.
   I think of Christ, and how He spent much of his ministry healing those in need, and I see this effort as a reflection of that, finding those in need and doing what can be done to help them.

No comments:

Post a Comment