Thursday, December 12, 2019

Does the Ukrainian Call have any Evidence of the Possibility of Bribery?

   Sometimes, too much information can leave us swimming in a sea. I would that the House members would go back to the transcript, and zero in on pertinent things that were said. I do not have time to completely break it down, but that is what should be being done: The members of Congress should be breaking down what was in the conversation. The phone conversation is just part of the record of what happened, but it is a key part. It doesn't contain quid pro quo, but does it fall in line with the possibility of bribery? Here are some excerpts from the call.

PRESIDENT TRUMP: ". . . I will say that we do ·a lot for Ukraine. We spend a lot of effort and a lot.of time. Much more than the European countries are doing and they should be helping you more than.they are . . . the United States has been very, very good to Ukraine. I wouldn't say that it's reciprocal necessarily because things are happening that are not good but the United States has been very very good to Ukraine. . . ."

PRESIDENT ZELENSKYY:  ". . . the United States is doing quite a lot for Ukraine. . . . "I would also like to thank you·for.your great support in the area of defense. We. are ready to continue to cooperate for the next steps specifically we are almost ready to buy more Javelins from the United States for defense purposes . . ."

PRESIDENT TRUMP: "I would like you to do us a favor though because our country has been through a lot and Ukraine knows a lot about it. I would like you to find out what happened with this whole situation with Ukraine, they say Crowdstrike ... I guess you have one of your wealthy people... The server, they say Ukraine has.it. There are a lot. of things that went on, the whole situation .. I think you're surrounding yourself with some of the same people. I would like to have the Attorney General call you or your people and I would like you to get to the bottom of it. As you saw yesterday, that whole nonsense ended with a very poor performance by a man named Robert Mueller, an incompetent performance, but they. say a lot of it started with Ukraine. Whatever you can do, it's very important that you do it if that's possible."

PRESIDENT ZELENSKYY: "Yes it is. very important for me and everything that you just mentioned earlier. For me as a President, it is very important and we are open for any future cooperation. . . . We are great friends and you Mr. President have. friends in our country so we can continue our strategic Partnership. I also plan to surround myself with great people and in addition to that investigation, I guarantee as the President of Ukraine that all the investigations.will be done openly and candidly .. That I can assure you .."

PRESIDENT TRUMP: "Good because I heard you had a prosecutor who· was very·good and he was shut down and that's really unfair. A lot of people are talking about that, the way they shut your very good prosecutor down and you had some very bad people involved. Mr. Giuliani is a highly respected man. He was the mayor bf New York City, a great mayor, and I would like him to call you. I will ask him to call you along with the Attorney General. . . . The former ambassador from the United States, the woman, was bad news and the people she was dealing with in .the Ukraine were bad news so I just want to_let you know that. The other thing, There's a lot of talk about Biden's son, that Biden stopped the prosecution and a lot of people want to find out about that so whatever you can do with the Attorney General would be great. Biden went around bragging that he stopped the prosecution so if you ·can look into it ... It sounds horrible to me."

PRESIDENT ZELENSKYY:  ". . . the next prosecutor .general will be 100% my person, my candidate, who will be approved, by the parliament and will start as a new prosecutor in September. He or she will look. into the situation . . ."

PRESIDENT TRUMP:  ". . . Your economy is going to get better and better I predict. . . ."

PRESIDENT ZELENSKYY: "I also want to ensure you that we will be very serious about.the case and will work on the investigation. As to.the economy, there is much potential for our two countries . . ."




No comments:

Post a Comment