Sunday, December 15, 2019

No Where do I See More of a Likeness

  The scriptures speak of how a time will come when people will not endure sound doctrine, but will heap to themselves teachers, and shall turn from the truth and unto fables (2 Timothy 3-4).
  I do not know that what I will now refer to is a fulfillment of that prophecy. But, I can certainly see that there is a likeness. We live the last days, so we might look around, and see if anything is happening that fits as a possible fulfillment of the prophecy.
   Again, I do not say I am right, for I am a mortal and subject to the influences of my own biases, as are all of us. Nor do I know that even if this does have likeness, it is therefore the chief way the scripture is being fulfilled.
  This remains: It is striking to me, the same.
   There was a day when the news media strove to be even-handed, impartial. When Fox and all the conservative newscasters sprung upon the scene, this was new. I do not know whether their liberal counterparts beat them to it, but I believe the conservative-sided news outlets might have been first to this.
  Now, I look up at my Fox newscast, reading the writing flooding across the bottom of the screen, and there is no doubt the newscast is biased. I am told by my president, and by my friends, not to listen to the mainstream media. I am funneled toward Fox.
  I look around the world and what is happening in my day, and cannot see anything that more fits the description of what 2 Timothy 3-4 prophesied. Climate change is touted by our scientists. It is sound doctrine. And, there are other things that are sound that these conservatives will not endure. And, they have, indeed, heaped unto themselves teachers, and are turned from the truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment