Friday, November 6, 2020

Bless this Land, and the Leader We have Just Elected

   I did not vote for this next president. I held out because of my fears on abortion. But, I believe he might be a good president. His words last night reflected a humble determination to overcome the challenges of our times. 

   "We may be opponents, but we're not enemies. We're Americans. No matter who you voted for, I'm certain of one thing: the vast majority of the 150 million Americans who voted, they want to get the vitriol out of our politics. We're certainly not going to agree on a lot of issues, but at least we can agree to be civil with one another. We have to put the anger and demonization behind us. It's time for us to come together as a nation and heal. It's not going to be easy, but we have to try. My responsibility as president, will be to represent the whole nation. And, I want you to know, I will work as hard for those who voted against me, as those who voted for me. That's the job. That's the job. It's called the duty of care for all Americans."
  
   He was both humble and confident. He was not boisterous, but sincere. I do not know where America may go from here, but my hope of the moment is with faith. There is cause in his words, and in the tone of his words, to have hope. And, there lies a hope for peace within that hope.
  
   Bless this land, and the leader we have just elected. 

(Blog rewritten slightly 11/7/2020)

No comments:

Post a Comment