Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Do the Scriptures Speak of this Day When Phones can be Monitored?

   This scripture, does it apply to our day, and to the fear we don't know if foreign or even our own American intelligence agents are listening in on our phone conversations, and tapping into us as we turn on our computers.

  "For there is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed; neither hid, that shall not be known. Therefore whatsoever ye have spoken in darkness shall be heard in the light; and that which ye have spoken in the ear in closets shall be proclaimed upon the housetops." (Luke 12:3)

  I speak of  the conversations of mine, and of yours, being recorded and monitored by the governments and forces of the world. There was a day when if I said what I just said, you would quickly dismiss me as a delusional, fanatical, conspiracy-believing nut case. 

  These days, surely, we know these things are happening. How much, and to what extent, we may be left to speculate, but we know they are, indeed, happening.

   Take the next two verses. "And I say unto you my friends, Be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do. But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him."

  I remember once meeting someone who had cause to fear for his life. He came from another country, where he had taught a topic requiring him to learn of social-issue beliefs of people -- both sides of them, which means he had to speak of dissident opinions. He fled to the U.S., yet remained fearful of his life that day I spoke to him.  

    So, the scripture speaks of the things you whisper in the closet being shouted on the housetops, and then follows with the next verse saying, Don't fear that someone should kill you. This scripture might not have been written to explain what would happen in our day, but it has likeness. It can be applied.

   I do note this scripture, Matthew 10:27, which says, "What I tell you in darkness, that speak ye in light: and what ye hear in the ear, that preach ye upon the housetops." Here, Christ speaks of what he and his disciples learn in private later being preached by them on the housetops. The scripture I speak of above could be -- probably is -- saying nothing different. Read it again, "Whatsoever ye have spoken in darkness shall be heard in the light; and that which ye have spoken in the ear in closets shall be proclaimed upon the housetops." As for the verse that follows, about being killed, those who teach the gospel can be killed for what they teach.

  Could Luke 12:3 have two meanings? Could it yet be referring to both? I don't know. I know, though, that one way or the other, there remains a likeness to the interpretation I wonder about at the top of this column.  

No comments:

Post a Comment