Tuesday, November 24, 2020

We Listen, if We are Wise

    I feel dispirited tonight, that all our best efforts to control Covid are bearing so little fruit. I turn to Worldometers, to see how many died today. Two-thousand-one-hundred-ninety four. That's about 2,194 too many. I stop to consider if we were to take four or five of them each day, as a nation, and learn the stories of their lives, that we should measure the cost of losing them in more than just numbers. 

  But, if I am disheartened, it is that all the face-masking and social-distancing and sanitary measures seem to be coming up short. I've considered on whether those who say we shouldn't be face-mask mandating are right. I've considered on whether they are right when they say it is good that some germs get spread, so that we can build up immunities.

  I consider on the long held belief that if we mask and social distance and sanitize enough, the virus cannot spread. You need a good facemask, and some are better than others. But, if everyone wears good ones, it should certainly cut down on transmissions.

  And, our medical scientists are telling us it does. I think it wisdom to listen to them. Yes, I think it good that you and I do our own thinking, considering everything. And, I do not doubt that some medical professionals are against masking. Still, by far the majority of those in the medical field are saying the masks work. They are begging us to wear them. They are the experts. 

  We listen, if we are wise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment