Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Wish Dollar Could be Taken Out of Politics

My opponent and I spoke to a combined two voters from our district tonight at a candidates night put on by the PTA at Jordan High School.

And, the the voter I spoke with, I didn't run into until the evening was officially over and the tables were being put away. (It was a PTA worker.)

But, I tell you this, I still like such things as candidate forums. I wish it could be said they represented what the future of campaigning will be.

Because, I do not like the way campaigning is done now, money being poured into advertising. The problem with this is that candidates such as myself have little chance of being elected.

I'm not accepting political contributions, and I have little money of my own. I'm quickly outspent, a pour boy in a rich-man's game.

Yes, I wish we could take the dollar out of politics. I wish instead of the race going to the person with the pocketbook, it went to the the one who presented the better ideas, who argued the issues better.

So, as tonight's PTA event was winding down, I asked Todd Kiser, if he would be willing to debate. He said he would.

Only trouble is, will any one show?

No comments:

Post a Comment