Saturday, October 9, 2010

Religion a Positive Influence

I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, a much-believing member, and also a candidate for public office. I post my position on issues, political issues. The church takes stands on issues, moral issues. Sometimes the two are the same.

I so much doubt you will ever find me differing from a moral position the church takes.

Every person in politics brings their values with them. Mine includes belief in a modern-day prophet, and modern-day apostles. Of course, now, if they are truly prophets and apostles, I will want to follow them, and I do.

Many of you are members of the other churches and followers of other beliefs. Oftentimes, though, you are as influenced by your religions and by your beliefs as I am by mine. No person can be expected to be without influences. Not all things are good influences, but religion is.

There will be times I take stands you disagree with, whether they be issues I side with church positions or not. Candidates cannot agree with each and all their voters all the time.

Here's hoping I agree with you on most issues, on enough to persuade you to vote for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment