Monday, October 15, 2012

A Definite Underdog

Thursday, I take to the doors, hoping to stir up some votes in a run for House District 44. 

Alas, if I intended to win, I should have been knocking the doors all along. I am an independent, and have decided not to accept campaign donations. Not sure independents get too many, anyway, as some donate to Republican candidates, and others to Democratic candidates.

Nor do I want to spend much, period (not that I have much). I guess it just seems like money deciding elections isn't the ideal way. Would we started a revolution and voted for candidates even though they didn't spend much cash.

A word about my opponents, Tim Cosgrove and Christy Alhziger. Tim is about as personable and likable as a politician can be. In the last election, he took on Shawn Bradley, the former BYU great and NBA player. Shawn was the Republican. Tell me, how does Shawn Bradley, running as a Republican, lose in Utah?

Christy is or has been the Republican chair for Legislative District 44. A fine foe she is, and potentially could defeat Tim.

If her campaign pockets are deep enough. 


No comments:

Post a Comment