Sunday, October 7, 2012

Not the Answer We Would have Given

Perhaps my favorite story from the life of the Christ takes place not during his mortal life, but after His death. Indeed, though it be my favorite story from His life, it has not yet even taken place.

It takes place at the His Second Coming. Turn to Zechariah 12:6.

"And one shall say unto him, What are these wounds in thine hands? Then he shall answer, Those with which I was wounded in the house of my friends."

One of the reasons I like this scripture is that it shows Christ being kind. We -- humans all -- might have responded, "What do you mean what are these wounds? Your people did this to me. Don't play innocent with me like you don't know what these wounds are all about." Instead, He responds with love, saying, "Those with which I was wounded in the house of my friends."

 

No comments:

Post a Comment