Monday, August 10, 2015

Post More Guards Instead of Having All of Us Carry Guns

  If there are those in our theaters, and schools, and malls who are attacking people with guns, it follows that we must defend ourselves by placing people with guns in those same places. It would be wise of America, therefore, to hire more security guards, post more security guards, and employ more security guards.
   Surprisingly, I do not know that this is happening. I do not read about it. I do not hear news stories telling of a surge in security guards since Sandy Hook three years ago.
   If we are being attacked more, doesn't it seem that this is what should follow: an increase in the number of security guards?
   We do hear a lot of talk about how everyone should go out and buy a gun. There is no doubt many are saying that is the solution. I am not so sure. I think we should be mindful of the danger of everyone owning and carrying guns. The more guns, the more the danger.
  Guards are the alternate solution. And, I believe, the wiser solution.

No comments:

Post a Comment