Saturday, May 7, 2016

Would this Reduce Carbon Energy to the Point of Solving the Problem?

   So, here's where I'm sitting on global warming today, and I need your help to figure it out. I'm not understanding what the problem is. Earlier this week, I had learned that we could all go out and buy solar panels, and install them probably without experiencing any initial outlay nor any more in monthly payments than what we are already paying.
   What? Is this a secret? Because it seems if this is true, there certainly would be a lot of us doing it, what with us wanting to be good people and having opportunity to cut down on pollution. If it isn't going to cost us, and we can do it, wouldn't we all, pretty much, jump to do it?
   What am I missing?
   Anyway, it took a few days for this to sink in, a few days before I realized just what it meant, in terms how much it would affect global warming. Then, this morning, I woke up (okay, truth be told, I'd been awake a few hours; it might have even been noontime) thinking, "Wait! If solar energy is this inexpensive, if we all can do it, then that means virtually every building all across the nation can be turned to solar power.
  And, that means the problem of global warming is solved, doesn't it?
  Oh, I realize a lot of the pollution is coming from large industrial concerns. But, even if we only fix the homes and the stores, it still is a large chunk. Now, if we do demand that the large industrial manufacturers also have large solar panels (and we should), and at least get a part of their energy that way, we are going to be cutting extremely deep into our use of carbon fuels. Add some wind farms, some hydro plants, and it would seem we would need few coal-fired plants at all.
  So, what am I missing? Tell me.

(Index -- Climate change info)

No comments:

Post a Comment