Saturday, May 28, 2016

Would a Weak Magnet Transport as Well as a Strong One?

    Upon further review. I have thought more on my theory of teleportation.
   When I say teleportation is possible, I use the term very loosely. I mean only to say that unlimited speed can be achieved. The actual meaning of the term, however, calls for the transfer of matter from one point to another without traversing the space in between.
   I closed my blog two days ago by saying that the possibility of teleportation might depend on whether a strong enough magnet could be developed.
    Then, it occurred to me, that that is wrong -- depending on what we refer to when we say strength. The magnetic pull  would need to be strong enough that it could travel all the way to the person who is being transported. Can the pull from magnet still be present, say, 500 miles away?
   But the magnet would not need to be a powerful magnet in terms of how much pull it had. If there is no resistance in a vacuum, then a weak pull will achieve as much speed as a strong pull. That's my theory. When I ran this thought by my brother, who is learned in all the physics that school offered us, he said, yes, unlimited speed can be achieved by a weak pull as well as by a strong pull, but the strong magnet would result in faster acceleration. I'm still trying to think that thought through.
   I google, and Newton's three laws of motion come up. I will have to think on them some other time, for it is getting close to bed time.
   For now, my thought is, if there is no resistance, then a weak force equals a strong force. In terms of what this means for what I would endeavor to do, if we were to create a vacuum tunnel, and stick a magnet at one end to attract a person (who would be in a metal-laced suit) or vehicle we wished to transport, we would not need a powerful magnet, so long as the pull of the magnet could be felt all the way from its source.
   I've had other thoughts on the theory of teleportation. What if magnetic fields are like radio waves, in that they have different frequencies? Perhaps we could refer to this as magnetic DNA. What if all things (or a good number of them) have magnetic presence, but each has its own magnetic code, or DNA? Then, teleportation would be possible without sticking a person in a metal-laced suit. Instead, we would need to have a receiver that plugged into the magnetic pull of that person or object that we wanted to go to. And, we would need a vacuum conduit, a vacuum tunnel to travel through.

No comments:

Post a Comment