Friday, May 13, 2016

Donald Trump is No Worse a Fellow in this than the Lot of Us

   I don't know that I find so great an evil in Donald Trump's once having presented himself as John Miller, an alter ego. My first impulse is to be more upset over his indicating the report wasn't true. The guy who paints other as liars ("Lyin' Ted"), lying, himself?
   Then, I soften.
   Trump was embarrassed by his having used the alter ego. That's normal. In his embarrassment, he sought a way out -- not an uncommon reaction. Bless him in his moment of embarrassment. I understand he abruptly hung up on one news team when they brought up the topic. That, too, shows he was embarrassed, and was not knowing how to handle it. I would guess we've all been in such situations, and we ought not take too much glee in the trials of others, in the trial Trump is going through.
   So, how do I balance this? I continue to feel it wasn't good, what he did today. But, I also realize his was a very normal reaction. I suppose I find the balance I'm seeking with just that: recognizing both the fault and the normality of it. Bless him in his moment of trial. He's no worse a fellow in this than the lot of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment