Thursday, May 26, 2016

The Age of Teleportation Might be but a Magnet Away

    Teleportation. Is it possible? I started wondering a week ago, and wondered much today. My theory is this: There is no resistance in space (although I might be wrong), so speed should be unlimited if the force dictates arriving at the destination immediately.
   And, magnetic attraction might provide that.
   Place a small piece of metal in front of a magnet, and watch it snap to the magnet, this in an environment where air provides resistance. My theory goes, that if a magnet can be made strong enough, it will demand that the object be there all but immediately.
   This is a theory that could be tested, and I have heard of no such test. So, I wonder if what I am suggesting is new. It seems there would at least be tests determining what can be done with permanent magnets, as far as transportation, if someone already had arrived at this theory. In discussing this with someone I ran into who has invention aspirations using electromagnetic energy, Jake Lewis, I was told this would not be new, that Nikola Tesla already conceived it.
   Dang. And I wanted to be the discoverer.
   Still, I wonder, because, as I said, it seems we should have heard about testing.
   Now, initially, you would have to transport in vacuum tunnels, in order to keep the vacuum separated from the air. However, it seems we would eventually find a way to keep the air separated out without having to have a physical divider. When I mentioned this to a friend at the gym, Bennion Spencer, he suggested a magnetic field, dividing the air from the vacuum.
  So, you would have a column, a shaft, a pillar of vacuum to travel through. In discussing my thoughts with Bennion, I used the word, "conduit." Then, it occurred to me, Joseph Smith used that  term in describing a visit from a heavenly being: "When, instantly I saw, as it were, a conduit open right up into heaven."
   Anyway, I have stated my theory and will restate it: If a vacuum conduit can be created for the person or vehicle to travel through, we might be able to achieve a state of no resistance. If there is no resistance, then you might be able to achieve unlimited speed. Current objects in space are largely slung on their way by gravitational forces. The man-made things we have in space have been thrust to their speeds. Those forces are limited in how much speed they provide. But, if you have a magnetic force attracting the object, it might be able to produce unlimited speed, if the magnetic power is strong enough. Unlike being thrust, where the speed achieved cannot exceed that thrust, magnetic forces might have no such limits. The pull is such that it is as if saying, "I am here at this point, and I would have you also be here this very moment."
   If there is anything at all to my theory, it remains that a magnet must be created that is strong enough to make this happen. Maybe that isn't possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment