Saturday, May 21, 2016

Lack of Stress and Lots of Love Keep Our Stars Alive

  News comes that Alan Young, who starred in the television sitcom Mr. Ed, passed away. He was 96. I will just throw this out there as a thought on why many of our actors and actresses seem to live long lives:
   Lack of stress and lots of love.
   I wonder if some of them live less stressful lives than many of the rest of us. Their physical wants are taken care of. They are held in high regard by those they see each day. . . . They live with little stress. They are loved, honored and adored.
   We marveled when George Burns lived to 100, living on-and-on, even even though he was a cigar-smoker. Luise Rainer lived to within about a dozen days of being 105. Juanita Moore, one of the first African-Americans to be nominated for an Academy Award, lived to 99.
   Among the still-living? Kirk Douglas will be 100 this December, and Zsa Zsa Gabor is 99. Betty White is still up and active at 94, and, I believe, occasionally still acting. Angela Lansbury and Dick Van Dyke, each at 89, are still going strong, I believe.
   Joan Fontaine, Al Molinaro from Happy Days, Abe Vigoda from the Godfather, Louis Jourdan  from Octopussy, Christopher Lee from Lord of the Rings, and  Maureen O'Hara all lived well into their 90s.
   These are people we honor and respect. I am not in-the-know enough to tell whether they evaded deep controversy in their lives, but I wonder. I do believe lack of stress and lots of love contribute heavily to long life, and I wonder if we cannot see this in the long lives of some of our actors and actresses.
   Musicians? I do not know that as many of them as long. I wonder if they are more inclined to less peaceful lives, lives with more controversy, and thus less stress. They might also be prone to more detrimental lifestyles.

No comments:

Post a Comment