Saturday, July 15, 2023

An Epidemic of Police Violence and Misconduct

Everyone realizes the epidemic of mass murders, and few people object to the word, epidemic, being attached to them. And there are other things we consider as epidemics and we attach that word to them.

But, how about police violence? There may be movements in Congress, and from the president to address gun violence and mass murders, but what about police violence? I don't see HB XXX anywhere. I don''t believe a single congress member is concerned to the point of introducing legislation. 

No, I'm going to broaden my scope. I'm not just going to speak of police violence, I'm going to include all police misconduct. Yes, I think it is epidemic. It is a national epidemic that needs addressing. We need a comprehensive plan for dealing with it. 

Is that just me, or do you agree? And, is it a problem, but not an epidemic? How serious of a problem do we have here?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment