Monday, July 31, 2023

Justice is not Served, Again

One of those unscientific polls at the end of a news story: "Do you think Colin Kaepernick should or should not be on an NFL roster this season?

Of course I think he should. But only 13 percent of the respondents agree with me. Eighty-three percent say, "No, I think he should not be."

A whopping majority.

My heart drops. What has become of America? Can't they see this is wrong? Yes, he knelt during the National Anthem, but if you demand that people salute your flag, you disrespect the freedom that flag stands for. Can't the world see that?

Kaepernick was showing solidarity with Black people who were unjustly being shot by police. He was saying, This is wrong. If America is about this, I will not support it. I will not honor a country that will not honor justice. 

And, for standing up for justice, we hate him as a nation? We deprive him of playing football despite his talent? Justice is not served, again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment