Tuesday, June 17, 2014

How Big of News is Ahmed Abu Khattala's Arrest?

   I await the morning newspaper, then, wondering if this will be the lead story, complete with a screaming headline. The U.S. apprehended a key leader in the Benghazi attack, Ahmed Abu Khattala. How big of news is that?
   Now, if some kind of charges were brought against President Obama, or Hillary Clinton, or Susan Rice, I'm thinking the headline would scream. And, there would be great satisfaction among those who have called for heads over how Benghazi was handled.
   Seems to me, it is a bigger deal to catch someone who committed the crime than someone who stumbled trying to explain it. Isn't it just as great to see justice for the perpetrators of the crime as it would be to see it for those who might not have seen the crime coming, and failed to have the shields in place that could have saved the ambassador and three others?
   I await the morning paper, to see what play the story will get. I'll assume what play it gets in my local paper is probably reflects how it plays in papers across the country.

No comments:

Post a Comment