Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Shall We Seek Entertainers and Persuaders to Fill Teaching Positions?

   Perhaps our greatest entertainers shouldn't be on the improv circuits, but in the classrooms. Perhaps our most powerful communicators shouldn't be on talk radio, but in those classrooms.
   Let's give a little more consideration as to whether being an entertainer and a persuasive communicator are really things necessary to make a great teacher. I'm just tossing them out as possible pluses.
   Now, short hours ago, I read a Facebook post from a wonderful person I know, asking for prayers on his behalf as he tries to hire on as a teacher at a certain school. It occurred to me, he might not be of the highly entertaining type. (I don't know, though. I've never seen him teach.) Still, I so want him to get the job.
   That thought brought second thoughts to what I was preparing to say here. But, I write on, the same.
   I'm just wondering if we could funnel some of our greatest entertainers and persuaders into the classroom would that be a plus? I think it might.

No comments:

Post a Comment