Sunday, April 26, 2020

Could the Pills that Work for Heart Transplants Allow Me to Walk Again?

 I read how transplanted hearts are rejected by the person receiving the transplant. The body views them as foreign, and attacks them.
   And, nary a single transplant would be successful if not for medicines that get the body to accept the foreign heart.
   As I read this, and think of my inability to walk, I wonder. I wonder if my body is attempting to protect itself by giving subliminal commands to not let me walk. Oh, just a theory. And, of course this might be wrong. Probably is.
   Still, I wonder if a medicine of some kind might overrule what is going on that might keep me from walking. Who knows, maybe even one of the medicines being used to get heart patients to accept heart transplants.

No comments:

Post a Comment