Monday, April 13, 2020

Scripture Speaks of Scoffers; Today's Scoffers Scoff at Global Warming

  I look for likenesses to what is happening today, to what the words of the prophecies say. I do not know if these are the fulfillments. I only say there are likenesses.
  And, I read in 2 Peter 3:3-6, "Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days, scoffers."
  Are there scoffers in this day? Loud ones. Among the most vocal are those who scoff at global warming and climate change. I think of how they say that if you trace back in time, you will find the earth has warmed before. Nothing new.
   And, I read the words of this prophecy, the scoffers saying, "For since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of creation."
   The scoffers are not worried about the rise of global waters.
   I read further from the passage: "For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water: Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished."
  I do not know what the prophet had in mind when 2 Peter 3 was penned.  I only know I live somewhere in the end of times. I don't even know if we are far enough along that the prophecy is to be fulfilled. I only know that from the moment in time where I sit, perhaps the most notable scoffers of the day are those who scoff at global warming and the rising of the seas that it could bring.
  Some will look at the scripture above, and note I left out where it says the scoffers will say, "Where is the promise of his coming?" They will point out to me that the deniers of global warming are believers in the Second Coming; not people who are saying Christ is putting off his coming, so the scripture cannot be referring to them.
   Perhaps that line does not have a likeness to them, then. Or does it? For they look at the projections of warming, and suggest they haven't come on schedule, as promised. For example, they look at the promised melting in Glacier National Park, and note it didn't come by 2020, as the forecasters suggested it would. That is not denying the coming of Christ, but we can only wonder if it is scoffing at a timetable that might bring the coming of Christ.


(Index -- Climate change info)

No comments:

Post a Comment