Monday, April 20, 2020

Earthquake, Earthquake and the Change of the Weight of the Seas

  Scientists may think they've figured out what causes earthquakes, but I wonder. I wonder if they are overlooking one of the biggest reasons. And, this perhaps-overlooked cause of earthquakes might be the reason we are having more of them than in the past.
  Sea levels. The rising and falling of the sea and the changes of weight that that creates.
   If you raise the level of our oceans by so much as an eighth of an inch -- and I might I have heard that is how much it rises each year -- that is a lot of new weight. So, I wonder if that can cause earthquakes, perhaps as quick as anything. If the weight changes at sea, but not at land, then where the sea meets the land, there will be a bending of the techtonic plates.
   Try this experiment: Take a wooden ruler and place in on two fulcrums, one fulcrum at each end. Then, take something heavy and place it in the center of the ruler. Sure enough, the ruler snaps as it bends under the weight. Bend the ruler, and it breaks. Bend the techtonic plate, then, and will it not also break?
   I did google to find if seismologists are considering this. I didn't find that they are. I studied the reasons for earthquakes without finding it. Are they overlooking it?
   Could the changing of sea's weight be the reason we are seeing more earthquakes in our time?  Look and study, if you will. Consider how so many of our earthquakes occur just ashore from the sea. If I am not wrong, at least as many and probably the greater number of earthquakes occur just ashore, as opposed to well inland.
   I'm a human. I could be missing something. But, if I am wrong in my theory, it is not because there is not good reason to be had for such a theory.

(Note:Blog revised 4/21/19)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment