Thursday, July 8, 2010

Campaign Log: Four Doors

The four doors I knocked tonight give me 10 for the last three days. At this rate, I will hardly make it through the whole district.

TOO MUCH TIME OFF AND NOT ENOUGH MONEY
One lady called for more money for education. "A ton more," she said.
She also suggested there shouldn't be so many days students have off, noting they are getting five days off before Thanksgiving. She quoted a teacher as saying, "All we have is days off. How are we suppose to get through our curriculum?"

SILLY RULES FOR WELFARE PROGRAM
Another lady spoke of how one welfare program has "silly rules about how money should be spent." There's money for a housekeeper, money for sending parents on vacation, and money for babysitting . . . but no money for many of the medical needs, such as eye exams or skin treatment.

The four doors I hit were back in my opponent's neighborhood, on 455 East north of 10600.

No comments:

Post a Comment