Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Concert Next Door

The concert next door just ended, and now I can say Paul McCartney played for me live while I sat in the comfort of my own home.

I live but a half mile away.

Coming home from work earlier tonight, I listened to the news and it had the story about the list of illegal residents being released to the public, and I believe it said something about the economic indicators to be released tomorrow. Then, as almost an afterthought, it mentioned McCartney would be playing.

I suppose to me, McCartney should have been a bigger deal.

As his music wafted our way, I asked a couple young boys skateboarding in a parking lot if they knew whose music that was. They didn't.

I asked an adult if he knew what was going on at Rio Tinto Stadium. He suggested maybe there was a soccer game.

I asked a 30-year-old I saw at the recreation center. When I told him Paul McCartney was one of the Beatles, he replied. "He may have been. I don't know."

1 comment: