Saturday, July 10, 2010

I Bid Ye to Cast Your Vote My Way

Yes, it would seem I have so many news item posts, and so many reports on what the voters are saying, that my own viewpoints are hard to find on this blog site. So, I'll point some out so you can scroll down and find them:
"Don't Issue Cards to Those Already Here," July 3
"Guest Pass a Passing Idea," July 2
"Governor Steals My Thunder," June 25
"Let's Chase Real Criminals," June 30
"Give Free Enterprise a Chance," June 19
June 17 has entries on my ideas for helping the economy.
More than any other issue, though, I'm campaigning against special interest money. When a candidate takes a contribution, knowing he is going to voting on issues involving the contributor, then he (or she) is accepting special interest money. Unfortunately, that's simply the way we elect officials. But -- this time, in this election -- you can say no to that system, you can vote for someone who is not going to take any political contributions.
-- John Jackson, candidate for Utah House, District 41

No comments:

Post a Comment