Wednesday, September 29, 2010

DesNews Story Says Guv Told of Donation

The Deseret News this morning reported Gov. Gary Herbert received an email from a campaign worker reminding him the person he was scheduled to meet with was a $50,000 donor.

I'm watching the comment board on that Deseret News' lead story, hoping they will post the following. So far, no luck. They have a policy against abusive, offensive, off-topic, and misrepresentative posts. I don't see that in post, but you be the judge. My post to the DesNews:

When you are notified someone contributed $50,000, it would be better not to meet with them two days later. If the donor is saying he wants to talk about transportation issues, and he could potentially be a contractor for those issues which will be discussed, then there should be concern.

This is not the best of systems, candidates taking money from those who later ask for favors. Gov. Herbert is drawing all the discussion, but he is hardly alone
I am running for the House, District 41, which stretches from Sandy to Herriman. From the start, I did not feel comfortable taking such money. I am not taking any contributions, realizing the donor could approach me for a favor after the election. I'm hoping that means something to voters. My other views can be found at newsasnewstravelsfast.blogspot.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment