Wednesday, September 29, 2010

In Quest of EnergySolutions Tour

All those years before Larry Miller's death, I raised my eyebrow that he named the Jazz basketball court EnergySolutions Arena.

But, during the last year, the wave of news and broadcast advertisements has swayed me to believing EnergySolutions is not only safe, but is a key component of an industry to be lauded.

It's a tentative opinion, but for the moment it will do.

I am also aware EnergySolutions often contributes to political campaigns. That, I do not favor, seeing the company as someone who potentially could be before elected leaders for legislation. I realize my stand goes beyond what many probably hold, many not thinking it wrong that donator could later stand in line for legislation that will affect them.

At any rate, I received a voice message from EnergySolutions Aug. 11, congratulating me on my running for office, offering me a tour, and noting the tour would help me get information for my campaign.

I think it good of EnergySolutions that they are not ashamed of what they do, and are willing to open themselves to those running for office.

But, I also noticed the radio ads, also inviting people to take tours, and I opted to sign up for one of those, instead of going in as a candidate. Was I wrong in that? At any rate, that was my decision.

I called them up, and was told tours were done during business hours, but, yes, Saturdays were available, also. I scheduled a date. Then, they called back and had me reschedule. Finally, I was to have went on the tour this past Saturday.

I arrived at the elevator just on time, but not realizing the elevator was not working, I didn't bound up the stairs until just after 9.

So, I missed the tour.

I called them Tuesday to reschedule, this time telling them I am a candidate, and was told no Saturday openings remain in the next few weeks, but that they would try to fit me in late in the day if I could get off work just a little early. I told them Mondays and the two weeks before the election were out. They called back, offering dates on Mondays and during the two weeks before the election.

So, I guess there will be no tour. We agreed I could interview them over the phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment