Friday, December 4, 2015

Mass Murders are not the Average Criminal's Cup of Tea

   If you notice, many of the shooters in the mass killings are first-time criminals. Oh, I suppose I don't know their exact histories, but I am rather sure few of them had extensive violent backgrounds.
  Our hardened criminals might rob banks, deal drugs, and, yes, murder, but they don't seem too bent on shooting masses. It just doesn't seem to be their cup of tea.
  Instead, rookies do that.
  I search for reasons as to why. I brainstorm a little. Maybe hardened criminals are mostly just in it to get by. They just want to make their lives easier, and so they steal and rob and kill to get there. They don't commit a crime just for the glory of committing the crime, but only as a means of getting something they want. The crime isn't an end in and of itself, it  is a means to an end.
 So, what is it about the mass killer that sets him off? Is he a person angry at the world, and seeking to take it out on the world? I'd guess, many a time, that is the case. They aren't seeking to make their lives better. To them, the crime is an end in and of itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment