Saturday, December 26, 2015

May BYU's Hires Turn Out Well, but I am Wary

   Bless the BYU Cougars, and here's hoping they do well under their new coaches. I do give pause, though, wondering at whether there shouldn't be some concern that new head coach Kalani Sitake is coming off a year as defensive coordinator at Oregon State in which the defense gave up at least 50 points four times, including the last three games of the season. And, there were three other games where they gave up 40 points. That's seven games when you give up 40 or more points.
   For that, you are rewarded with a head coaching job? For that, you bring with you your linebackers coach, Ilaisa Tuiaki, and make him your defensive coordinator?
   Bless them, I hope they both do well, for I am a BYU fan.
   But, I'm a little wary.

No comments:

Post a Comment