Sunday, December 13, 2015

The Lord Lives, by Witness of the Jews Returning to the Holy Land

   A portion of my testimony does lie in Jeremiah 23:7-8. That passage begins by suggesting the day will come when people will no longer say they know the Lord lives because it is evidenced by His bringing the people of Israel out of the land of Egypt. As I read that verse, I think of the miracles that the Lord wrought through Moses, such as Aaron's rod being turned to a serpent, and the river being turned to blood.
   And, of course, the parting of the Red Sea.
   Then, Jeremiah indicates the day will come, when instead of remembering those things, we will think on how the Lord must live as is evidenced by His bringing the seed of Israel out of the north countries to return to their own lands.
   At least some of that is yet to happen, maybe most, I cannot tell. But, I do know part of it, is the return of the Jews to the Holy Land. The day is upon us, just as Jeremiah prophesied, that we can say, "I know know the Lord lives, because I see the return of the Jews, just as is prophesied in the Bible."
   The scriptures were written long before these things happened. They promised that the Lord's people would be dispersed and their land left desolate by their departure. They promised that the people would be scattered across the world. Then, that people would return to their own land, and it would no longer be desolate, but would become a land of milk and honey.
   The return of the Jews to Israel makes good on these prophecies.
   And, now, I become part of the fulfillment of prophecy, for I look not to the miracles of Moses to steady my testimony, but to this miracle in the day in which I live. For to have a people so dispersed and scattered as the Jews, returning to their own land and being able to assume governance of that property, speaks to the scriptures being true, to God's living.
   Read Jeremiah 23:7-8, then.
   "Therefore, behold the days come, saith the Lord, that they shall no more say, The Lord liveth, which brought up the children of Israel out of the land of Egypt;
   "But, The Lord liveth, which brought up and which led the seed of the house of Israel out of the north country, and from all countries whither I had driven them; and they shall dwell in their own land."

   

No comments:

Post a Comment