Saturday, June 19, 2010

Campaign Log: Blossom Tree Lane

Ran into a man who said he could not vote for me because I am a Democrat, and he has never voted for anyone who is not a Republican. He was kind though, calling after me as I left, saying, "You're a good American."

A door or two down, a man said, "All you have to do is have an R after your name in Sandy and you're going to be elected."

Alas is me.

Two or three voters spoke of health care, with one being so knowledgeable as to know about the Utah Health Exchange. As a nation, as we look at the current system, seeing it is working, we have moved toward a government system, supposing the free-market system is failing us. I suggest, though, that the reason the current system is broken is because we are doing things that restrict the free-enterprise elements. Remove those constraints, and then see if the free-enterprise system does not work. One of them is that when you pick insurance, you are limited to the insurers provided through your work place -- and that is usually just one. What kind of free-market system is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment