Thursday, June 24, 2010

Campaign Log: A Moment's Campaigning

To find a moment to campaign. That was my quest tonight. Fought through an accident-caused traffic jam to make it to the bank just before closing, turning in a check stub for a loan, then flew over to Walmart to pick up my new contacts. Came home and entered a blog on hot summer schools. Two roommates were in pain in sickness, and as I asked one if he was okay, he said, "No one cares," and I thought he probably wanted more attention. Visited a neighbor (not campaigning) for a promised discussion. Then, sailed to Lowe's twice -- the first time forgetting my wallet -- as a renter needed copies of keys.

And, at 8:40, hit my first door, campaigning tonight on Floyd Drive (just off 700 East at about 9600 South). "Okay," the man said, non-plussed by my pitch.

Better was the second door. "I'm a Democrat," the lady said. She said she didn't know who Ronnie Lee Gardner was, though, after I said it was 25 years before he was executed for his murder -- much, much too long, and we should demand a quicker judicial system.

Four doors is all I had time for, then, off to Dimple Dell to run the treadmill.

No comments:

Post a Comment